Friday 1 July 2016

A New Month ... a new beginning!

Since my last post a month ago I have been concentrating on getting my running fitness back as well as dabbling in the pool to see what my shoulder and arm can stand!

The first pool swim I attempted 3 weeks ago was a depressing affair!  It was too painful to swim front crawl and I ended up wallowing around doing some weird form of breaststroke which wasn't a pretty sight!

However, not to be defeated I kept returning to the pool and did a mixture of front crawl and breast stroke until yesterday HALLELUJAH I managed a slow mile but ALL front crawl!

I feel like I am finally getting back to the old me, although my shoulder is grumbling about it today! 

However, I did promise myself that once I could swim a pool mile I would get back in the lake!  So on Tuesday I am meeting my swimming buddy for my first lake swim in 9 weeks!  I am both excited and nervous about it! Fingers crossed the weather is kind to me and it goes well!

I have been managing 3 runs a week for the past month and have enjoyed being back out there! 

On Sunday I was supposed to be doing Windermere Olympic Triathlon but due to my accident I am unable to, HOWEVER I am unable to feel too depressed about this as I have just found out today that I have been offered a charity place for the 2017 London Marathon!!!

After years of being rejected through the Ballot I am thrilled that I will be finally running my dream race 10 days before my 50th Birthday!
Image result for london marathon 2017

I will be running to raise funds for Blackwell Sailing which is a sailing school for people with disabilities based in Windermere!

Just over 42 weeks to get Marathon Fit!!

Sod's Law suggests that I will also get in on the Ballot this year too!!!

Now I can spend the forthcoming months fundraising and looking for my "ideal" training plan although I am not going to stress about running for a PB, I am just going run for the experience and enjoyment of it!

Bring it on!

I am back!


No comments:

Post a Comment