Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentines Day Swim!

Arrrr There are still some romantic souls left in the world!    
This morning I went for a swim in Windermere and what a beautiful bright, sunny and beautiful morning it was although exceptionally chilly, however the views were to die for!

As we made our way down to the lake shore there was already 2 people on the jetty, and then we realised he was down on one knee proposing to her!  What a fantastic day for such a romantic gesture!  I am assuming she said yes as they were looking happy kissing and canoodling until we spoilt the moment by splashing into the lake! 

I felt good swimming along the shore and although it was cold it didn't feel too bad, however when we turned around to return to the jetty waves seemed to appear from nowhere and this really put me off my stroke!  I was trying to remain calm but with the cold now penetrating my bones and the water getting rough I started to feel slightly stressed and didn't enjoy the return at all!  I was just thankful to get back on dry land and get some warm clothes on.

For the first time my fingers and toes were stinging and felt painful which meant I struggled to get dressed however to be positive I am still not shivering!

On the way home my fingers and toes were momentarily in agony and felt like they were going to fall off!  Thankfully this really painful transition from freezing cold and numb fingers and toes to feeling normal again didn't last too long!

One positive I have found from swimming in an icy cold late - I had a natural ice bath and my calf feels a lot better for it!  When I got up this morning I struggled to walk on it, but after swimming in the lake it feels almost "normal" again!




Lake Temperature




Air Temperature
Wind MPH

No comments:

Post a Comment