Saturday 27 February 2016

Feeling inspired and determined!

Last night I went to the Tri Clubs Annual Awards night where deserving members get recognised for their successes etc.

I really enjoyed the evening but came away feeling embarrassed about my lack of training especially on the bike! I woke up this morning determined to conquer my fear of the new cleats and my fear of the new bike.

So with no further pondering and no time to make any excuses I got dressed in my cycling gear.

I decided it was safer to brave the bike from a quiet location rather than pedal from home through several sets of traffic lights etc. So I put the bike in the car and drove to a nice quiet road. My heart was hammering in my chest just at the thought of climbing up into the ridiculously high saddle and clipping my feet in! 

Anyhow I wasn't going to let my nerves get the better of me and set off slowly and apprehensively. I was surprised how comfortable the bike and saddle set up was despite looking strange. 

After a few hundred metres I slowed and experimented with getting my feet free - I was pleasantly surprised to find I escaped relatively easily. With my confidence growing I continued on my way periodically stopping to practise removing my feet! Once I felt like I had this area sussed I moved onto the gears!

Although I did get the feel for where the gears made life easier and harder etc I didn't really get to grips with them totally! 

After repeatedly travelling backwards and forwards along the same road I decided I had done enough and headed back to the car!

In total I cycled 7.04 miles - better than nothing and far enough to boost my confidence slightly!


No comments:

Post a Comment