Thursday 25 February 2016

Death by drills again - but this time running!

Tonight I went to the Tri Club run training session which is the first time I have been in quite some time and boy did I know about it!

We started off with a half mile warm up jog before going into a 20 minute drill session, and it was hard work! Hopefully it will make me a better runner at the end of the day!

After the drills we then went for a 4 mile run including some "fartlek" sets incorporating sprints on already tired legs!

Although I found it tough going at the time when I finished I felt I had achieved something and it does me good to push myself once in a while!  I have become a fairly lazy runner!

Altogether we ran 5.09 miles.  Despite not being big miles I was shattered afterwards!

I definitely need to get some more fast miles under my belt!


No comments:

Post a Comment