Wednesday 17 February 2016

Another Beautiful day in the lakes ... eventually!

This morning when I got up the weather was horrendous!

I had planned to brave my new bike again and get some miles in but I wasn't risking mixing a new bike, new pedals, rain and wind! 

So I took the wimpy option and went on my old bike which is set up in the garage on the turbo trainer!










However, all was not good!

I really wasn't feeling it and I couldn't motivate myself to pedal through the boredom of staring at the garage door! I literally had to force myself to keep going for the short time I did as I wanted to quit after just a few minutes!

Consequently I only managed to go 3.02 miles in 15 minutes!

Once I got back into the house I was very disappointed with myself and wished I had pushed through a bit longer!  I really must get some cycle fitness back in the next 8 weeks before my first Tri of the season!

Anyhow, the rain continued and I was beginning to feel like all my exercise plans for the day were going be completely scuppered as I had a Lake swim arranged for 5pm and as I am still not totally confident swimming in the lake I tend to wimp out if the conditions don't appear ideal!

However, at around 4pm the sky cleared and it faired up so I had no excuse not to go!

I was so pleased that I did go as the lake looked beautiful in the sunset!

We talked about which route we were going to do and then I just swam without faffing around! For the first time ever I was the leader and I felt strangely happier not having to follow someone else! Usually I need the comfort of seeing someones toes in front of me but today I just went for it!

I felt really comfortable despite the cold and enjoyed the swim! 

The fantastic scenery did help matters!

Last time I swam in the lake my feet stung incredibly afterwards as they warmed up and the pain was awful! I decided to buy some ultra thick thermal socks to see if this would help with the warming up process!  They seemed to do the trick and I didn't get the stinging pain I had experienced previously!







No comments:

Post a Comment