Sunday 22 November 2015

A Sunny Run!

Despite enjoying a Chinese Takeaway and a few wines last night I felt quite enthusiastic about going for a run this morning.  It was a bright sunny morning and a lot milder at 5C compared with yesterdays chilly 1C!

This morning I set off to do a 5.5 mile "progressive" run.  
This is where after a 1/2 mile warm up I am supposed to slowly get faster! 

This run highlighted that I really need to work on my pacing!

However, in my defense I don't understand how you can successfully progressively get faster when you live in an area full of hills!  It's obvious that I am going slow down going up the hill and speed up coming down!

I set off and tried to do the 1/2 mile warm up slowly before concentrating on my pace.

Mile 1 I did at a 9.10 minute mile pace
Mile 2 at a 8.24 minute pace mile which I realised was way too fast when I was supposed to be concentrating on progression so tried to slow it down for mile 3 which was 8.47, mile 4 was way too slow at 9.12 and finally for mile 5 I tried to speed up slightly and managed a 8.31 minute mile pace. Altogether I ran 5.5 miles at an average 8.54 minute mile pace.

So as I said I'm slightly useless when it comes to pacing myself!

Something else to concentrate on!

I will to try and improve the next time the plan states a "progressive" run and perhaps select my route more carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment