Thursday 8 October 2015

A calm and peaceful swim!

Tonight I had a fabulous swim in Lake Windermere with my swimming friend David.

I was feeling chilly even before I left the house so I wasn't much looking forward to plunging into the icy waters of the lake!

However, by the time I got there I felt a little better (probably due to the fact I had the car heater blasting away for 20 minutes!).

I had attached my new adventure light to my goggles and was using it tonight for the first time! It was a bit of a trauma attaching it to my goggles but apparently being a woman I made hard work of it and there was a simple way to do it! I now know for the future!

When I first got in the cold water was a bit of a shock to the system but once I got swimming I soon warmed up!

It started to get dark fairly quickly but it was a perfectly calm and clear night so the mountains silhouetted in the distance looked beautiful.  We even stopped and just bobbed around in the middle of the lake at the half way point to marvel in our surroundings!  There wasn't a boat or any other swimmers anywhere in sight, just the occasional car lights travelling past on the other side of the lake!

Image result for green adventure lightIt was probably my most relaxing and enjoyable swim ever!

My light worked well, in so much as David could spot me and I could spot his in the dark which means any boats would also spot us!

I had white hands and feet from the cold when I got out but who cares when you get to swim in such an amazing place!

We did a shorter swim than usual but that was due to the fact we were awestruck in the middle of the lake so spent time not swimming and it was dark! 

We did 0.71 mile. You can view my swim here!


No comments:

Post a Comment