Sunday 11 October 2015

A 2 Day Hangover!

I went out on Friday night and had a fabulous time, but just a tad too much to drink!

I woke up on Saturday morning with the good intentions of hitting the trails and going for a run!

My head totally disagreed!  

I am usually up for a good old run to to run out the toxins in my body but I decided that my body needed a little longer to recover!

However, by Saturday afternoon I decided that getting a little fresh air in the form of a walk might be a good idea.

We headed off to Bowness on Windermere and had a lovely slow 5 mile walk and were rewarded with fabulous views of the lake as well as a sighting of the world’s last flying Vulcan bomber!  

It was an amazing sight and extremely low!  After getting over the excitement of seeing this we went on to see a view that shows exactly where I swim on a Thursday night! 

We swim from the jetty marked in the left of the picture then around that tiny little island that doesn't seem as tiny whilst swimming around it and back again! It is approximately 1.25 miles.


Today I woke up determined to get a run in but my body was still saying "No you abused me and now I'm not playing!"

However, I was having none of it!  I put on my trainers and headed out to Scout Scar!  After the first mile or so my body decided it would play ball after all and I really enjoyed it despite it being hard work!  The wind blew the cobwebs away and I returned feeling 100% better!  I amazingly did 7.1 miles!  My parting words were "I won't be long I will only manage a couple of miles!".  Luckily my Garmin has a tracking device on it so my husband could locate me and know I was still alive! 




No comments:

Post a Comment