Sunday 27 September 2015

Officially a Leader!

I did the course and got the T Shirt - Literally! 

Omg I'm bouncing around like an excited puppy!!!!! 

Sooooooooooo deliriously excited to be starting up my own running club tomorrow and can't wait to meet up with lots of new running friends!

Here's hoping people turn up!  

On Wednesday I did a recce of the route I am planning to do tomorrow and did it as the walk/run interval session I will do to check it worked!  

To make it more authentic I took my husband along (a big couch potato!) and put him through his paces!  He managed the session but was exhausted at the end! 

We did 3.02 miles in 47 minutes.  I think the run intervals were probably done at too fast a pace for a total beginner so will have to slow it right down tomorrow!  I will let the group determine the pace! 

I have been trying to increase my mileage this week and have managed to do 3 runs over 10K, I am pleased with what I managed considering I have been so exhausted with work!  However, I haven't managed to fit any swimming in!  I have finally realised I can't do everything and when I am so busy something just has to give!  This week it was swimming!

I also treated myself to some new trainers which I wore for my run/walk session and then again yesterday and I was pleased that they were extremely comfortable - no blisters or aches and pains!






You can now follow our Women On The Run activities and give my lovely ladies some support and encouragement on Twitter!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment