Tuesday 15 September 2015

It was a chilly one!

Tonight I went swimming with the Tri Club and the colder weather has sorted the men (women!) out from the boys!

For the last few weeks whilst the weather has been fairly nice the club swim has attracted about 24 swimmers! 

Tonight after a wet cold day there was just the hard core (stupid?) who turned up - 10 of us who were willing to risk hypothermia!

I cannot believe how much colder the lake can become in a week and I must admit when I first got in it took my breath away!

Once I got swimming I warmed up slightly but my feet and hands were white and very cold when I got out!

We still managed our usual mile before heading back indoors for coffee and cake in front of the log burner!

I'm not sure how many more weeks we will be able to continue or which will get us first - the cold or the dark!

A few of us swimming caught on camera by another club member.  Such beautiful colours it makes me forget how cold it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment