Saturday 22 August 2015

Remember: Engage Brain!

Today I managed to run my 3rd post injury run and it turned out to be very eventful! 

 I wasn't really feeling it today as the weather was bad and I had drunk a little too much yesterday!

However, I forced myself to go and my mind was so distracted by other things that I actually forgot to worry about my calf!

Half way through I came across a mixed group of teenagers whilst running on an old canal path. I said "excuse me" several times but they thought it was hilarious to block my way. Finally, and fuming I managed to navigate my way through them and as I got past one shouted "You need to run further lass you still have a fat arse!", without engaging my brain I shouted "Not as fat as your girlfriends!" to which a lot of expletives left his mouth and he came after me! I literally ran for my life and thankfully despite having a fat arse and being unfit I managed to outrun him!!!! 

Once I realised he had given up the chase I started shaking regretting my words big time!

Next time I MUST remember to JUST THINK these things and not say it, however I stand by what I said - His girlfriend did have a fatter arse than me! 

So despite going for a slow easy run I ended up doing a sprint interval and my calf survived and I am thankfully still pain free!


No comments:

Post a Comment