Tuesday 25 August 2015

Choppy and Dusky

Adventure Lights

Tonight I went swimming with the tri club and I can understand now why we stopped swimming so early last year!  

We stopped at the beginning of September and I thought we were just being wimpy and thinking it was getting too cold but tonight by the time we had swam it was beginning to get dusky and the light was going!  Even the steamer had its lights on!

Perhaps I need to invest in a goggle light?  I have done some research and it appears a green Adventure Light is the best thing to wear to be seen!  I will wait and see if I decide to partake in night-time swimming!  You can't see a damn thing in Lake Windermere in daylight so swimming in the dark isn't going to be that much different I wouldn't of thought! 

Anyhow, I digress we went swimming and the water was much colder than it was on Sunday!  Its amazing how much it can fluctuate in a couple of days!

We did 0.97 of a mile in 36 minutes 58 seconds which is faster than I have done previously!  You can view the swim here.

Tonight I didn't stay to partake in coffee and cakes as I have too much going on elsewhere and had to get back.  

It's much healthier for me too!





No comments:

Post a Comment