Wednesday 29 July 2015

Not a happy bunny!

Since my calf was feeling OK I decided to brave another short run just to test it out!

Unfortunately this wasn't one of my better ideas!  

In my wisdom I decided that perhaps if I ran off road it would be kinder and gentler on my calf!

The tricky bit is finding an off-road run around these parts that doesn't involve a great big bloody fell!  I decided to drive to Levens Park and attempted a 3 mile circuit.  

Initially all felt good but then after about 3/4 of a mile my calf just bagan to niggle, by the one mile mark I realised that I wasn't going to manage the 3 miles without considerable pain so I turned around and ran/walked back the same way I came!

Usually I am scared of cows and will do anything to avoid them, today I was confronted with a herd of Deer all standing their ground on the path looking rather scary with huge antlers! 

The first time I went past they didn't seem very interested in me so I was surprised when I was returning that a couple decided to trot along behind me!

I wasn't very happy with the thought of getting an antler up my jacksy but I couldn't even put a spurt of speed on to get away! Thankfully they soon lost interest and turned back again to rejoin their mates! 

By the time I got to the car I had done 1.94 miles at an average 11.01 minute mile pace and had very sore calf!  It was so sore it was actually painful to drive!

Luckily I already had an physio appointment for this afternoon so I went hoping he would sort me out!  A good massage did make it feel much better but I was very disappointed when he told me that I couldn't do any exercise except swimming for a minimum of 2 weeks!

Luckily I am going on holiday to Cyprus on Saturday for 2 weeks so I shouldn't miss it too much.

I told him I had a trail race on the 3rd September and he didn't seem very optimistic that I would be able to do it!

I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard!
























No comments:

Post a Comment