Thursday 16 July 2015

injured runner cartoonAfter an exceptionally bad week and no running or cycling due to my calf injury I have been sinking further and further into a severely depressed state this week!

Junk food and alcohol have replaced my exercise regime over the past 3 weeks when I have been unable to do anything!

However tonight I was feeling exceptionally low so I gave myself a good talking to and decided to go out on my bike!  My physio said on Monday that I could do some cycling as long as I kept a high gear (or is it a low gear?!) so that my cadence was high and there was no pressure was on my calf!

It was a warm but windy evening and I really enjoyed being back out on my bike!  

I managed 13.56 miles at an average speed of 14.2 MPH which I am delighted with considering my appalling lifestyle recently and the number of toxins I have pumped into my body!

On Tuesday night I went swimming in Lake Windermere and for once it was calm and the water was relatively warm (compared with what it has been!).  I felt strong and really enjoyed the swim! I think since it's the only type of exercise I have been able to do I have enjoyed it more! Altogether we swam 1.06 miles!

Last day at school tomorrow before I break up for the Summer Holidays!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that when I try and run next week my calf behaves and I can spend my Summer enjoying some nice scenic trail runs and have some days out cycling.






No comments:

Post a Comment