Monday 1 June 2015

Flaming June and it's Blowing a Hoolie!

I am feeling down and depressed! 

I'm not sure whether it's due to the weather - it's the 1st of June, it blowing a hoolie, it's freezing and very soon I am going to need to build an Ark just to leave the house!

Or

whether it's because I am back at school today after enjoying a week of freedom!

Or

whether it's because I am beginning to feel like a complete failure as far as running and fitness is concerned!

Tonight I forced myself out the door for a run (I wasn't keen due to the weather as described above!) and although I tried to push myself my body was not having any of it!  I felt slow and sluggish and I am beginning to feel extremely stressed about my upcoming events!

I managed just 3.59 miles and was worried the entire time about the trees which were waving manically in the wind!  I was on high alert in case one decided to crash down on me! Just to make matters even worse the torrential rain turned to HAIL!  I ask you - who has ever heard of hail in June? It stung my face as it came down at full force!

I gritted my teeth and tried to keep going!

Whoever said cross-training was good for you was talking PANTS!

I am currently doing more exercise (cycling, swimming and running) than I was this time last year when I was just running but I feel my fitness levels have plummeted drastically.

Last year I was running at an average 8.20 minute mile pace, now I struggle to do a 9.20 minute mile pace!  

I look at everyone around me and they all still seem to be climbing up, getting better and getting results!  I feel I am working as hard if not harder than everyone else and I am not being rewarded with anything good!

Just to make matters worse today I received my swimming cap and number for the Great North Swim in Lake Windermere! 

Last year when I did this event the lake temperature on the day was 17.5C, it is currently still less than 12C! I don't think its going to get much warmer in less than 2 weeks!

I am fed up of being cold,wet and blown around all the time!

Surely it's not too much to ask for a little bit of warm weather!  I don't want hot - I just want to be able to sit down without wearing several jumpers and shivering!

I don't think I want to enter any events next year!  Then if the weather does a repeat of this year I won't have to do any training at all!

Hopefully I will have got all the negativeness out of my system and tomorrow it will all seem so much better!

Image result for dont give up

Not a happy bunny!





No comments:

Post a Comment