Sunday 31 May 2015

Too Old...?

My rest day yesterday consisted of me having fun with the girls! Lunch and Cocktails and still home to be in bed at a decent time!
Definitely the less tiring way to party!

Consequently when I woke up this morning I felt fit to go!

The weather forecast for today was appalling with high winds and torrential rain predicted!  Therefore, when I looked out the window this morning I was pleased to see it was dry although the sky looked very menacing and the trees were swaying manically!

I decided to brave going out on my bike!  I need to start cycling in any weather!

I wore my waterproof jacket (just in case!) and set off with absolutely no idea where I was heading!  I felt like I was doing wind resistance training with the wind blowing me all over the place!  I decided to do a figure of 8 type loop in case the torrential rain came - I didn't want to be stuck miles from home fighting gales!

Thankfully I only experienced a few short light showers and did 15.61 miles at an average speed of 13.1 MPH, which isn't too bad considering the wind I was battling though!  
Radar Speed Signs, mobile, post mounted, display, road traffic monitor, radars, speeding, sign, measurement, led, indication device, check,  count, data, portable, vehicle, warning, monitoring, sensor, mph, doppler, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK

At one point I saw a mobile speed check machine flash "slow down". I had a swift look around to make sure I wasn't being followed by a car but no ... I was alone! I am slightly impressed that I had enough speed to activate it!  There is a first time for everything!


Not long after I got home the heavens opened - luckily I had just escaped getting soaked!

This afternoon I decided to experiment with making some "go faster food"! 

I 'm hoping to find some miracle food that will fuel me through my next triathlon!

I made some Chia Seed Energy Balls which were really simple to make and contain dates, dried apricots, sultanas, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, runny honey and sesame seeds!

These energy boosting bites tasted very nice but were slightly too sweet for me!  Perhaps I will try and make them without the apricots and use nuts as an alternative!

I have just less than 5 weeks to get it right!



Someone said to me today that I was too old to be doing Triathlons, and this should be my last! 

I disagree!

I will never be the fastest (I AM too old for that!) but as long as I am still enjoying it I will be doing it!






No comments:

Post a Comment