Monday 20 April 2015

Running Club Cancelled!

I have been feeling extremely tired, grumpy, slightly stiff and achy all day today so felt slightly relieved to hear the running club I was going to go to for the first time this evening had been cancelled!

Instead I headed to the pool for a gentle swim!

However, once in the changing rooms and I had changed into my costume I realised I had forgotten my goggles and with wearing contact lenses there is no way I could swim without them!  I phoned my husband and asked him to bring them down for me so I had a bit of a delayed start to my swim!

When I did eventually get into the pool,  the swimming lane was full of exceptionally slow swimmers!  I was thankful I was just wanting to do a slow recovery swim as anything more would have been impossible!

After about 20 minutes the slow swimmers were thankfully all exhausted and got out leaving just me and one other person in the lane - which made it much more enjoyable and improved my mood no end!

I swam 1700 metres (1.06 mile) in 40 minutes so I was fairly satisfied with this result!


No comments:

Post a Comment