Tuesday 21 April 2015

Last ride before first Tri!



On Sunday I am doing my first Triathlon of the season - Kendal Sprint Tri so tonight I took the opportunity to cycle the tri route for the last time before the big day and tried to take note of where the BIG potholes are!  However, the roads are so bad around here it is probably easier to memorize where the good bits of road are!

It has been a really hot and sunny day here and I was certainly overdressed on the bike!!  I am so used to riding in the cold I didn't think anything of putting my jacket and long tights on but boy did I know it once I got going!  Hot and sweaty doesn't even begin to describe how I felt!

However, despite overheating I really enjoyed this ride tonight, and thankfully the roads were fairly quiet.  My only complaint was the constant BBQ smells I passed!

I was chuffed when I got back and saw that I had cycled 12.97 miles at an average speed of 14.6 MPH, with the fastest mile being 18.5 MPH - super speedy for me, and it wasn't even downhill!

Here's hoping my ride on Sunday is as good and the rain that is currently forecast stays away!



No comments:

Post a Comment