Wednesday 15 April 2015

Pushing myself now ...


Image result for stick to the training plan

Tonight is Tri Club Swimming night which is always a hard session for me, but I knew tonight was going to be doubly hard as my training plan said I was to do a 30 minute easy run with drills beforehand!  

The way I am feeling at the moment - if the plan says it I've got to do it!

So off I went for my little run!  I started off with a warm-up before going into the drills - high knees, butt kicks, skips, bounds!  I must admit I felt fairly silly doing these alone!  However, I tried to have a thick skin and not let the weird looks worry me!

I ended up doing 2.47 miles in total before going swimming!

I couldn't believe it when they announced that tonight was going to be an endurance session!

In my head endurance = HARD!

After a 300m warm-up followed by drills we went into a pyramid session.

Altogether I swam 2000 metres and could still talk at the end!




No comments:

Post a Comment