Tuesday 14 April 2015

On it and feeling awesome!

I tried not to let my brain engage when I got home from work this evening, and instead went straight upstairs to get changed into my workout gear!  

Didn't even stop for a coffee - as that is fatal!

After checking my bike over and setting up my "transition" area in the garage I set off into the cold and wind on my bike!

I have been feeling quite irritated today as according to the radio and TV the UK is a sunny happy place at the moment - well it isn't here and I am sure come the Summer it will be US who get the hosepipe ban (as usual) when the Southerners still get to use OUR water despite it being hot down there and wet here!  Rant over! 

Anyhow, I tried to keep a steady pace and managed to cycle 12.14 miles at an average 13.3 MPH which is as good as it gets for me!

Feeling a little windswept, I quickly parked my bike, whipped off my cycling shorts which were on over the top of my running tights, changed my shoes and removed my jacket and helmet, had a quick drink and I was soon good to go again! 

This transition took 2 minutes 21 secs!

When I first started running I felt tired and slow but funnily enough I had managed a fairly swift (for me) 8.40 minute mile before it all went downhill or should I say uphill (quite literally!).  In the end I had run 4.95 miles at an average 9.06 minute mile pace.  Not too bad after a 12 mile cycle!

Beginning to feel I can do this - all I needed was a plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment