Friday 17 April 2015

A run then a swim!



Tonight the plan said a 5 mile run with 4 hill repeats followed by an 1700m swim. 

It was a sunny evening when I set off on my run but my legs weren't really feeling it!  I think they thought "Hey! Its Friday - Wine time!" but I pushed on and tried to ignore them!

After a mile warm-up I decided to do my hill repeats to get them over with whilst I still had a little bit of energy left!

I was amazed to discover that running up a hill and then jogging down again actually energized me, and even after completing the required four I wanted to keep going!  However, I was very aware that I still had a lot of mileage and a swim to complete so didn't push my luck too much!

I ran 4.6 miles at an average 9.23 minute mile pace which wasn't too bad considering I had the hill reps in there too!

After running I had a quick shower (didn't want to pollute the pool!) and went down to the pool.  I don't often swim on a Friday evening and I was surprised at how quiet it was!

I managed 4 sets of 400m before doing a 200m cool down.  I tried to concentrate on technique rather than speed since I was feeling tired!

Altogether I swam 1800 metres in 43 minutes.


A bike ride tomorrow!

But for now ... a very well deserved glass of wine!


Image result for friday is wine o clock
















No comments:

Post a Comment