Saturday 18 April 2015

3 Wainwrights conquered but no bike ride!

It was such a beautiful day today that we decided to go into the Lakes and climb some hills!  My training plan was staring at me telling me I had a 90 minute bike ride to do and I had to really fight the urge not to go and do it first!  I reasoned with myself that I would still have time once I got home - if I had the energy!

Funnily enough there was plenty of time before it got dark once we got home but my energy levels were rather depleted!

We had managed to conquer 3 Wainwrights - Dow Crag, Brim Fell and Coniston Old Man and walked 7 miles in total.

It was a funny day and luckily we were well prepared for the weather changes that often occur on the top of these fells!  When we set off it was a lovely warm and sunny morning, but as we climbed it started to get cooler and then horrendously windy!  We went from wearing T shirts, to T Shirts and long sleeved tops, to coats and gloves, and then did the reverse on the way down!

Thankfully we found a sheltered place to have our lunch!  There was some scary climbing involved at times and I felt more like an intrepid rock climber than a hiker but it was a fabulous walk with some stunning views!!

We have now managed to do 42/214 Wainwrights! Only 172 to go!










My legs are now feeling slightly tired and I have arranged a trail run with a friend in the morning!  Here's hoping for a quick recovery!




No comments:

Post a Comment