Tuesday 24 March 2015

Last Week of Jantastic!

I can't believe I have finally entered the last week of Jantastic with 100% success to date (with the help of Jokers!).

I fully intend to keep that going during this last week!

Yesterday I went swimming despite feeling tired from cycling on Sunday!  My body suprisingly felt OK with none of the expected DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) so I decided to do an easy swim session as a recovery session.

It was a good job I didn't want to do a serious session as it was fairly busy with a lot of breaststroke swimmers taking over the lane!

However, I did 4 sets of 400m totalling 1600m (0.99 mile) in 38 minutes and felt no ill effects afterwards.

Tonight I decided to go for a short spin on my bike.  It was a lovely bright evening when I set off, but 3 miles in it decided to rain giant Hail Stones down on me!  They actually hurt as they hit me in the face! I wasn't impressed and was slightly worried about the road surface which was soon white and slippy looking!

I decided to wimp out and cut my ride short - I wasn't prepared to be a hero and risk my life!

I did 8.26 miles in 39 minutes, and got home very wet and cold! 

Looking on the positive side I never cycle in bad weather so it was good to get some practice in - you never know what the weather will do on my triathlon days!


My daughter is going into hospital tomorrow to get her tonsils out so not sure what exercise I will manage - if any!

Maybe it will have to be a rest day!


No comments:

Post a Comment