Wednesday 21 January 2015

T30 Swim Endurance Challenge

Tonight was Tri Club Swimming night which was an endurance session for those wanting to enter the ASA T-30 swimming challenge.  

This is a simple event which determines just one thing – who can swim the furthest in 30 minutes!

This on its own wouldn't have been too bad but the powers that be decided it would be a good idea to do a warm-up and drill session FIRST! 

So even before we started the endurance session we swam 700 metres which is a difficult task in itself when its made up of drills!

The T-30 Logo. Take the T-30 challenge. How far can you swim in 30 minutes.


I initially felt a bit stressed when I heard that we would all be doing the T30 Challenge and the word "competition" freaked me out somewhat!  

However, once I got going and settled into my pace I really enjoyed it and was pleased that I managed to maintain a fairly consistent pace wavering between 26 seconds and 32 seconds per 25 metres.

In the allotted 30 minutes I managed 1400 metres or 0.86 mile or 56 lengths.  Obviously not enough to come anywhere near the top of the leader board in the competition but it was a good effort for me!

In the entire session I swam 2100 metres or 1.30 miles.

Not a bad nights work!



Back on the turbo trainer tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment