Tuesday 27 January 2015

Speedster!

This evening I went to the Tri Club running session.


I was feeling tired after a very busy day at work and to top it all off nicely it was raining!

However, I tried not to dwell on my lack of energy and enthusiasm and got changed into my running gear before the little voice in my head convinced me to have a glass of wine instead!

It was one of those occasions when I definitely didn't regret going!

After a 2 mile warm-up we did 3 x 200m sprints with a slow recovery run back each time, this was followed by 2 x 400m sprints with a slow recovery run back and then 2 x200m sprints and a recovery run back inbetween.  We finished off with a cool down run and stretches! We ran for 5 miles in total.

I'm not a sprint runner and I find this sort of workout incredibly hard but determination got me through!  Whilst in the midst of it I felt like this session was endless but once I was home I felt INCREDIBLE!


Workout 2/6 for week 4 Jantastic!

Swimming tomorrow!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment