Wednesday 4 May 2016

I did it! One Year Non-Stop!

Tonight I am very pleased to announce is my one year Open Water Swimming Anniversary!

One Year ago today I started swimming in Windermere with the intention of swimming until October before hanging my wet suit up for the Winter!

However October came and went and I was still turning up week after week for a swim until I decided to embrace the challenge and become a "hard-core" all year round Open Water Swimmer! 

Some days I did question my sanity but carried on regardless!
I have now swum in all seasons and in all weathers! The most challenging swims being the pitch black winter evening swims which really scared me!!

We had planned to celebrate this occasion with a 1 mile swim but the lake was very choppy so we didn't go the full distance, instead we just did the half mile winter route we have been doing!!

However, just to make sure I could be classified as a "proper" wild swimmer after our usual swim I stripped off my wet suit and "swam" in just my costume!! Here's to more "Skins" swimming as the lake warms up! I feel a new challenge coming on!!



No comments:

Post a Comment