Sunday 24 April 2016

My first Solo swim!

Today I went for a swim in Lake Windermere, alone for the very first time!



Although being safety conscious I wasn't totally alone as I took my husband and dog along as a "land spotter", I just didn't have anyone in the water with me!

My swimming buddy has gone on holiday so I decided rather than miss my usual weekend swim I would go alone!

It was a bright but cool afternoon and the lake was busy with boats which added to the stress of it all, although I had my tow float and green hat so I was fairly visible!

My plan was to swim close to the shore so if something happened my husband had half a chance of rescuing me or at least throwing a life ring to me!

I put all these negative thoughts out my head before getting in!  

The lake was calm and I set off without thinking too much about being alone!



I was pleasantly surprised that once I got swimming I didn't once think about the fact I was alone until I got to our "turn around" spot and I had no one to chat to!

When I emerged from the lake the dog got very excited to see me although he hadn't attempted to swim with me - he obviously isn't THAT devoted!!

I managed half a mile which I am pleased about considering the lake is still chilly and I was on my own!





No comments:

Post a Comment