Tuesday 19 April 2016

Another week!

I have got over my disappointment in my performance at yesterdays Triathlon! Time to move on!

Last night I did 2 runs with Women on the Run  (my Ladies running club), and thoroughly enjoyed both!

It had been a fabulous day weather wise and it was a fantastic evening for a run!

The first group ran 4.39 miles at an average 10.08 minute mile pace and we didn't have to loop back to pick up any runners who were getting left behind!

The second group ran 4.46 miles at an average 11.29 minute mile pace which included several loop-backs to pick up the back-runners! The back-runners ran 3.7 miles at an average 14.47 minute mile pace!

I am so proud of both groups who have all come on marvelously since they started running!

I am also very proud of my legs which kept going through both groups despite feeling exceptionally tired after yesterdays Triathlon!

Today was another bright and sunny spring day which was perfect for an evening swim in Lake Windermere! The water temperature is slowly creeping up and tonight it didn't feel cold at all - well not with a wetsuit on, 2 hats, gloves and socks!

It wasn't completely still but it wasn't choppy enough to bother me!  
I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt like I could have swam forever!!!

We swam 0.60 miles altogether which is the longest lake swim I have done this year!

Bring on warmer days and longer lake swims!


No comments:

Post a Comment