Tuesday 26 April 2016

A Choppy Chilly One!

It has been quite a bizarre day weather wise, almost like 4 seasons in one day!  It started off this morning bright and sunny, then we had wind and rain, then we had sleet to finish off the day!

I was slightly apprehensive about going in the lake as it was very windy which usually equals very choppy!

However, my swimming partner was back from his holidays and he wasn't going to let me wimp out so I found myself shivering at the shores of windermere at 6pm in the cold wind looking out onto a choppy lake!

I tried not to contemplate it too long before getting in and swimming our agreed route!

Once I got in the temperature of the lake didn't feel too bad, but the chop was throwing me around like a ragdoll!  At one point I thought I might get seasick!  I was really pleased that I managed to control my negative thoughts and continued battling on!

It was hard work and I felt like I had swum much further than the 0.41 miles I actually did swim!

The shivers really took hold of me once I got out!  I think the air temperature must be much lower than in recent weeks!

I have now swum for 51 weeks - I am nearly at my 1 year goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment