Sunday 1 November 2015

Lost in the FOG!

This morning when I woke up my chest felt slightly better so I set off with the intention of running the Kendal Mountain Festival 10K Trail route!

It sets off with the first mile being on the old black stuff before going onto Scout Scar! The first mile was constantly uphill but I was feeling quite chuffed with myself that I managed to keep on running!

However, although I knew where I was heading by the time I got on to the top of the Scar it was incredibly foggy.

Then I came upon a herd of cows so went off track to try and avoid them - this is where my problems began! By the time I got round them the fog was so dense I couldn't find my way back on track!

My Garmin watch has a "live tracker" facility on it so I wasn't too stressed as I knew I could phone home and get directions!  After running a little further I decided that there wasn't anything else for it I would have to phone home just to see if I was actually going in the right direction!  Alas, this wasn't any help as the link hadn't loaded properly so I was on my own!

In the end I decided to keep running and when I heard traffic I headed in that direction knowing that once I hit a road I was safer than being stuck up a mountain!  I was beginning to feel ever so slightly stressed about being lost in the fog when I finally came to a road and I knew where I was!

I ended up doing 6.71 miles which can be viewed here!

Note to self - don't run in the fog and if I do don't go off track to avoid cows - BE BRAVE!

This afternoon I had a relaxing time watching The New York Marathon on TV!  It was very strange seeing the places I had just been to a few days ago, especially the finish line as I had actually run through it earlier in the week whilst on holiday!

This has left me feeling very unsettled and I feel the urge to book some challenging event for 2016 - I just don't know what!

No comments:

Post a Comment