Thursday 19 November 2015

A Dry One!

For the first time in what seems like a very long time I managed to enjoy a dry run this evening!

I had spent the day at a Conference in Huddersfield, where I sat all day which is very different to my usual sort of day when I barely stop!

I had also enjoyed a rather large 2 course meal at lunch time, Coffee with biscuits this morning finished off with Coffee and Cake this afternoon so I was feeling rather stuffed too!

By the time I arrived home at 6pm I was itching to get out and stretch my legs! 

The plan said a 3 mile slow run.  I didn't mind the 3 mile part but I needed to expand some energy so I went a little faster than the 10:47 minute mile pace suggested!

I really enjoyed this run and didn't worry about the pace until I stopped my Garmin. I was surprised to see that I had actually done a "progressive" run, where I got faster each mile.  Whenever I usually try to do this I fail!  I did the first mile at an average 9.13 minute mile pace, followed by mile 2 at 8.54 and mile 3 at 8.51. Not the equal increments you are supposed to do but progressive all the same! 

I had run 3.11 miles at an average 9.03 minute mile pace!

You can view my run here!

I'm feeling good!

After the recent torrential rain and floods we now have snow forecast for this weekend - that could make running tricky!


Image result for run in snow cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment