Friday 30 October 2015

Running in NYC!

Well I am back from my few days away in New York and feel absolutely shattered!

We had a fab time and I even managed to squeeze in a run round Central Park!

It wasn't very good planning as when I decided to go I had just had a huge Burger for lunch washed down with a beer but hey-ho I seized the moment and survived!  I ran whilst my husband cycled alongside me! 

It was an amazing experience with a lane on the road marked out especially for runners, and what a lot of runners there was too! We had to stick to this main cycle/run route as bikes weren't allowed on the paths, but we did actually do a walk as well to see the rest of the park!

Towards the end of the run we went through the part of the park that will be the finish for the New York Marathon on Sunday.  

They had all the finishers posts and everything up so I actually felt like I was in it! 

It made me feel very jealous and I wished that I was actually was doing it. 


Anyhow I managed 5.36 miles and really enjoyed it!  You can view my run here!







 Now just the small matter of recovering from the jet lag before I go back to work on Monday!

Hopefully I will feel a little more human tomorrow and actually get out for a run!






No comments:

Post a Comment