Saturday 24 October 2015

Parkrun and Swim!

To celebrate the start of Half-Term, instead of having a lie in I went to Fell Foot Parkrun!  It's been quite a while since I did a Parkrun and I really don't know why as once I am there I really enjoy it!  

Well actually that's a lie I do know why I don't go more often ... It starts 9am on a Saturday morning ... and Friday night is always Wine O'Clock!

Anyhow, this morning I set my alarm had some porridge and was out the house by 8.15am, despite having more than enough wine last night as well as the torrential rain pelting down making me wish I was still in bed!

I stayed in the car keeping dry until the last minute then at 8.55am I made a quick dash to the start line, although it was 5 minutes late starting so I could have stayed dry longer!
Inov-8 Women's Roclite 282GTX Shoes (AW15)

I had decided to test out my new Inov-8 trail running shoes, which was a wise decision with the ground being so wet and muddy underfoot!

I haven't done much serious training recently so wasn't running with a time in mind, I just wanted to enjoy the experience. It was wet, cold and windy so enjoying the experience was a tricky one, however I DID!  By the time we were running the second lap it was extremely muddy and slippy and I was worried about landing on my bum but I somehow managed to stay upright!

I was delighted with my result as I finished in 26 minutes 36 seconds, not far off my 26:14 PB!  I was 13th female and 4th in my age category so very pleased with myself!

Straight after finishing I trudged back to the car and stripped off my soggy clothes to put some dry ones on!  Hopefully no one could see through the steamed up car windows at what I was actually doing! 

I then set off to meet my friend David to have a swim in Lake Windermere.  Thankfully by the time I got to where we swim from the rain had stopped, although it was still cold and windy!

Another quick change into my wet suit followed before bravely going into the lake! The rain had made the lake much colder than it had been on Tuesday evening when I swam! It was also fairly choppy so we didn't swim far, altogether we managed just over half a mile.

Whilst swimming back to the jetty I got the fright of my life!  I was in my own little world then when I breathed to the right I came face to face with a big black thing! I very nearly drowned on the spot until I realised it wasn't Bownessie but a Black Lab wanting to play! The owners were highly amused by my reaction - I was less amused!

The Loch Ness Monster look alike, Bownessie, in Lake Windermere. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/loch-ness-monster-creature-photographed-4204637)

So this morning I have run 3 miles along Lake Windermere and then swam half a mile in Lake Windermere!

Feeling good about myself now! 

Time to pack!

View my run here!

View my swim here!

No comments:

Post a Comment