Tuesday 6 October 2015

Back in a Wetsuit!

After last week's madness of swimming in Lake Windermere without a wetsuit tonight I donned it again!

The lake didn't feel too cold this evening and I can't decide whether its after braving it last week in just my Tri suit it made it feel warmer tonight just by wearing a wetsuit or whether with it being a nice day the lake had warmed up!

Whatever the reason it felt a fairly pleasant temperature, the only issue was the dark!

By the time we were returning to the shore it was dark!  Thankfully I wasn't the lead swimmer as I couldn't work out where the jetty was and just followed the swimmer in front!  As well as our usual tow floats we also wore glow sticks so we could be seen and see each other!

We didn't do our usual mile tonight, we managed just 0.65 mile - mainly due to the dark!


Not sure if I will get used to night swimming, felt slightly strange and unnerving! 

I'm going again on Thursday evening so I will give it another chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment