Monday 31 August 2015

Sunny Bank Holiday Running!

I was amazed when I woke up this morning on a Bank Holiday Monday to the sun shining brightly!  

That is a very unusual thing to happen here in the Lake District!

I set off for my run before I got too comfortable sunning myself in the garden!  

My intention is to keep upping the miles and/or pace from here on in with the hope that I will eventually get back my fitness and start doing the pace I used to!

As it was such a hot morning I donned my shorts and vest top and took a bottle of water with me!

I found it really hard today!  I'm not sure whether it was the heat, the excess alcohol and junk food consumed this weekend or just general unfitness as I tried to push myself!  

I am so pleased I took water with me as it was desperately needed!

Despite feeling shattered I managed my longest run and my fastest pace since my injury!  Things are definitely looking up!



It is 2 weeks today since I did my first run after my holidays and I am a little disappointed that I am still carrying the excess pounds despite doing lots of exercise!

It took 2 weeks to put on 10 pounds, and it is obviously going to take a lot longer to lose it! 

I am nearly half way there, I have managed to lose 4 pounds - only 6 to go!

Image result for losing weight cartoon pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment