Tuesday 19 May 2015

Run, Run!

After a rest day on Sunday I have got straight back into training after The KMF Triathlon. 

Afterall I don't have any time to waste as my next triathlon is less than 7 weeks away!  

This is Windermere Tri and will be my first Olympic Distance Tri! This consists of a 1.5K (0.93 mile) swim, 43K (26.72 miles) cycle and a 10K (6.20 miles) run.

I need to up my brick mileage as I have never run further than 3 miles off the bike!

Anyhow my bike went in for a service on Monday so I haven't had a cycle option for 2 days.  As I have a couple of Open Water swims planned later in the week I decided to get a couple of runs in!

Last night I decided to be brave and ventured to a running club in Windermere for the first time.

I met the young lad who was the leader and waited for the other runners to turn up ... they didn't!

I was on my own! 

A personal training 1:1 track session!

Probably not the best timing 2 days after a tri but I threw myself into the session whole heartedly.  After a warm-up and some drills we did some sprint sessions around the track.  Initially I did 5 x 300m efforts with 70 seconds rest inbetween, followed by 3 x 200m efforts with 30 seconds rest inbetween.  I really enjoyed the session (once it was over!) and we did a few laps of the track as a cool down!

I felt like I had pushed myself and will definitely be back for more - hopefully with some running company next time!

Tonight I went for a run with one of the lads from the tri club! We did a very very muddy and wet trail run along the river!  Despite having tired legs I really enjoyed it and the sun actually shone down on us too!

We did 6.2 miles at a slow 10.36 minute mile pace!  There are so many stiles to climb over and fields of cows to tiptoe through its difficult to do a fast paced run on this route!

That leaves more energy to gossip and to enjoy the scenery!

I got my bike back tonight and thankfully it had no issues so I am back onto bike training tomorrow if the weather allows!  

Although I should go out on it whatever the weather to get used to it, as you never know what the weather will do on race day!

I need to toughen up!



No comments:

Post a Comment