Thursday 29 January 2015

My First Brick Session!

Tonight I was going to go for a run but it had been snowing for most of the day and I didn't fancy slipping on slush!

Instead I opted to go to the gym and decided to do my first brick session instead!

For those of you not in the know a brick session is when 2 of the triathlon disciplines are performed in quick succession.

 I started off on the Watt bike and cycled for 40 minutes and managed to cover 12.57 miles which means I cycled at an average 18.8 MPH which I am absolutely delighted about as I found this a difficult 40 minute workout but that was obviously because I was pushing myself to the max!

Immediately after getting off the bike (and cleaning it!) I jumped onto the treadmill and ran 3.28 miles in 30 minutes which equals an average 9.10 minute mile pace.

I was amazed I didn't feel any ill effects running after cycling!

Here's to a lot more bricks!

Feeling P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E !



No comments:

Post a Comment